Freie Universität Berlin
International Summer and Winter University
German Language Coordinator
Claudia Schumann has been working as a FUBiS lecturer since 2017 and has been a language program coordinator at FUBiS since 2023. Since 2015, she has taught German courses at Berlin language schools, the Technical University of Berlin, and the Berlin School of Economics and Law. At the Modern Language Centre (ZEMS) at TU Berlin, Claudia Schumann works in the course and exam administration, in the Department of German as a Foreign Language she supervises special programs such as the study-preparatory intensive courses for incoming students or the SummerLanguageSchool. Between 2017 and 2020, she worked as a DaF lecturer at the Goethe-Instituts in Bangalore and Khartoum as well as at the Polytechnic University "Peter the Great" in St. Petersburg.
Claudia Schumann holds a degree in German Studies; she studied linguistics and literature as well as German as a foreign language at the Humboldt University in Berlin.
Diplom-Germanistik (Dipl. Germ.) Linguistics and Literature, German as a Foreign Language, Humboldt University, Berlin
- since 2023 German Language Program Coordinator at Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University, FUBiS
- 2019 / 2020 Guest lecturer at the Polytechnic University "Peter the Great", St. Petersburg, Russia
- since 2019 Lecturer German as a Foreign Language, Berlin School of Economics and Law (HWR)
- 2019 DaF Lecturer, „Welcome@FUBerlin"
- since 2018 Lecturer German as a Foreign Language, Modern Language Centre (ZEMS), TU Berlin
- 2018 DaF Lecturer, Goethe-Institut Khartoum, Sudan
- since 2017 Lecturer German as a Foreign Language at Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University, FUBiS
- 2017 DaF Lecturer, Goethe-Institut Bangalore, India, as well as PASCH Camp Masinagudi, India
- since 2015 DaF Teacher at Berlin language schools (e.g. Kapitel Zwei, DeutschAkademie, transmitter), integration courses in cooperation with ICJA e.V.
- 1990-1992 Course Instructor DaF, Humboldt University, Berlin