The FUBiS online offers consist of:
- a selection of online courses with the possibility of ECTS credit transfer
- a public digital lecture series which were recorded during the summer of 2020 as well as
- a joint digital lecture series together with our sister program FU-BEST under the banner "What's Next?" Voices from Dynamic Berlin in 2021.
FUBiS offered online courses for ECTS credits since 2020.
Registration is open.
As part of an open digital lecture series, we hosted one online session every week from June 3 to August 12, 2020. Every week, FUBiS instructors alternately presented their subject or German language courses in detail and gave a short lecture on one of the course’s key topics.
- Subject course sessions: Seven subject sessions were offered as video recordings and published on the FUBiS website and on YouTube. Among others, popular FUBiS courses such as "Berlin and the Digital Music Era", "Seduction and Terror: Hitler's Germany" and "Global Challenges - Sustainable Futures" were presented.
- Live! German language sessions: The lecture series included four separate German language sessions, which took place as interactive live events. German language instructors also gave an overview on their courses which you can watch here.
Building on the success of two digital lecture series in 2020 (see here and here), the international programs of Freie Universität Berlin, FU-BEST (European Studies Program) and FUBiS (International Summer and Winter University), are organizing a joint series of live online events and varied on-demand programming under the banner “What’s Next?” Voices from Dynamic Berlin, running from June 30 until November 3, 2021.
The series features four separate live German language sessions and six pre-recorded video entries from disciplines as varied as history, music, environmental studies, sociology, politics and more.