What kind of accommodation options does FUBiS offer?
FUBiS offers participants the possibility to book an accommodation upon registration. You have the choice between several housing options:
- Single room in a student dorm: Students live together in an apartment-sharing cluster with other students with whom they share the kitchen and the bathroom. Washing machines and tumble driers can be used for a small extra fee.
- Single room at Jugendgästehaus Lichterfelde (JuLi): Students will be provided with a bed (incl. bed sheets) and a closet in a single room and will have access to a shared bathroom according to their gender. A washer and dryer is available, as well as a common room with a TV, books, and board games. A daily breakfast buffet and Wi-Fi is included in the price.
- Single room at Steps Hotel: Students will stay in a hotel room with a bed (incl. bed sheets) and a closet. The price includes Wi-Fi and a daily breakfast buffet. Each guest will share a bathroom with a second person of the same gender living on the same floor.
- Homestay accommodation: Students have their own room with a bed, cupboard and desk. The size and other furnishings of the rooms can vary. Breakfast and one additional meal a day are included in the price as well as Wi-Fi if it’s available at your homestay.
- The Student Hotel (Term III only): students have their own room that is fully furnished, along with an en-suite bathroom and fully equipped shared kitchen. Additionally, the Hotel has a laundry room, gym, yoga room, a library, access to bikes and an outdoor cinema. Additionally, it offers free Wi-Fi and an in-house restaurant and bar along with several lounge areas.
You can find further information on the housing options here.
An overview of the costs can be found here.
Please note that FUBiS only acts as an intermediary between landlord and tenant. FUBiS is not responsible for any agreement between both parties.
If you plan on arriving before the beginning of the FUBiS term or extending your stay after the term, we recommend finding an individual accommodation for the extra day before/after the official program dates. If you plan to have a friend or family member stay with you (especially for an extended period of time) during your stay in Berlin, we advise you to arrange for an accommodation individually because the accommodation options offered through FUBiS are for FUBiS participants only and are intended for just one person. Some helpful tips can be found here.
Should you take part in Term II and Term III, you can stay in the chosen accommodation for the one week break for a small extra charge. Please see the accommodation options for further details.