How can I protect myself against theft and robbery?
In Berlin, as in any other city, there are pickpockets and trick swindlers near tourist attractions. To protect yourself, you should:
- always have an eye on your things and always put your purse in a secure place.
- never get involved in bets or games with strangers where you can supposedly win money.
In addition, FUBiS recommends the following precautions:
- Always carry important telephone numbers with you.
- Only take as much cash with you as you need.
- If you lose your credit cards, have them blocked immediately.
- Take your passport with you only when you really need it and keep copies of your passport and travel documents in a secure place.
- Keep your valuable articles in separate places.