If I withdraw from the FUBiS program, am I eligible for a refund?
Regular cancellation policy:
- If you withdraw from the FUBiS program no later than four weeks before the respective term, the course fee will be refunded to you, minus any incurred bank/transfer fees. The program fee is non-refundable.
- As a rule, a refund is not possible in case of a later withdrawal (later than four weeks prior to the start of a term). In this case, please contact the FUBiS team. Please note that withdrawals can only be considered if they are received in written form.
In times of the coronavirus, FUBiS offers its participants special cancellation policies:
- Before the start of the FUBiS term: Participants who registered for a FUBiS on-site course, but are prevented from entering Germany due to German government restrictions can cancel their registration free of charge. The cancellation needs to be submitted immediately via e-mail to email@example.com, upon request including proof of the travel ban. All costs paid by the participant up to that date will then be fully refunded (minus any incurred bank/transfer fees). This regulation does not apply for online courses.
- For participants selecting The Student Hotel as their accommodation, an adapted refund policy applies for this option (see 5. Accommodation).
- After the start of the FUBiS term: If due to new developments and recommendations of public organizations the FUBiS on-site courses will not be able to take place as intended, parts of the teaching activities can be shifted to remote teaching (blended learning). If necessary according to institutional guidelines, up to 100% of teaching can take place and be completed online. Should it in special cases not be possible for the Freie Universität Berlin to offer a course online, all incurred tuition costs will be refunded to the participant (minus any incurred bank/transfer fees). In that case, the FUBiS team will contact the persons concerned.
- Should a FUBiS registration be canceled for personal reasons, the general terms and conditions apply. In that case, a full refund is not possible.